People think that making changes to their lifestyle is complicated, but nothing could be further from the truth. Making a lifestyle change is as easily done as changing your toothpaste brand or switching from HBO NOW to Netflix.
All that is required is the understanding that changes are usually necessary, and that they will make you feel better, healthier and less stressed. Add the determination to make these changes stick, and you are good to go!
Here are some lifestyle changes that will help you to improve your life. They are based around the three cornerstones of a healthy lifestyle – food, exercise and sleep!
- Take time to enjoy your meals – don’t rush fast food in your car, or a deli sandwich at your desk
- Avoid processed foods – eat food as close to its natural state as possible
- Get the balance right – make every meal 50% carbs, 25% fats and 25% protein as it is a good yardstick
- Avoid too much sugar and fats and try to limit your alcohol intake as much as you can
- Get moving! All exercise is good, except walking to the vending machine!
- Find an energetic pastime that you enjoy – that way you are much more likely to stick with it
- Don’t expect to be able to run a marathon immediately – start your exercise program gently, and gradually increase your effort over time
- Consult your physician before undertaking any exercise program
- You need five sleep cycles per night, and a cycle lasts around ninety minutes. Make sure you are getting enough sleep.
- Set a routine – go to bed at the same time every night, and get up at the same time every morning, even on weekends!
- No phones, tablets, TVs, laptops in the bedroom (the light they give off makes your brain think that it is not night time)
- Your bed is for sleeping only. It is not for eating, reading, working or anything else!
These suggested lifestyle changes are not daunting at all, and you are guaranteed to feel better once you have adopted them as part of your new way of living.
Here at the offices of Dr. Keren Gomez, Miami Chiropractor, we put your needs first. We offer a range of chiropractic services that will help you get your life back on track if you are feeling any kind of discomfort. Contact us now to see how we can help you – call our Dade County office at 305-761-6528, Broward 954-510-5518, or Palm Beach 561-414-2401, or use our online contact form to make your appointment. We look forward to helping you live a more comfortable and healthy life!