What to Do After Being Injured in a Car Accident in Florida

Even the safest drivers become involved in car accidents – after all, not everyone is as qualified to be a safe and thoughtful driver as yourself, unfortunately. Here is what you need to do if you are ever involved in a car accident in Florida.

Tips to Keep in Mind if You’re Injured in a Car Accident in Florida

Call the police

Unless your accident is extremely minor you will need to call the police. You will need as much support as possible when it comes to pursuing an insurance or compensation claim, and a police report about the accident is one of the best options you have. Even if the other party in the accident is acting in a reasonable fashion and asks to leave the police out of the matter, it’s always best to call them to protect yourself.

Take pictures

You may be required to provide evidence about what happened at the site of the accident, including the positioning of and damage to both vehicles. In this situation the saying ‘a picture paints a thousand words’ is never more accurate. If the other party tries to mislead the insurance company about the extent of the damage they caused, then you’ll have photographic evidence to back up what actually happened.

Seek medical attention

Cuts, severe muscle damage and broken bones need to be attended to immediately, but even if you feel ‘fine’ after your car accident you should always check with your physician as swiftly as possible to ascertain the extent of the effect the accident had upon your physical self.

If you suffer from aches and pains in the days following your accident, you may wish to consult the services of a chiropractor. They can help your body recover from injuries that you cannot see, such as muscles tears and inflammation.

Contact an automobile accident attorney

Your car has probably been damaged as the result of your accident, and you will have been left out-of-pocket as a result of the cost of repairs for damage that was not your fault. In order to get the best deal for yourself, it is better that you hire the services of a dedicated car accident attorney to deal with all the legal aspects as opposed to trying to do it all by yourself.

If you have been affected by any information related in this article and are dealing with prolonged pain after a car accident, then please feel free to contact Dr. Keren Gomez at 305-761-6538 (Dade), 954-510-5518 (Broward) or 561-414-2401 (Palm Beach). You may also use any of the contact details that are available through our online contact form.