If we are involved in a slip and fall accident while we are a child we simply bounced back up and got on with life as if nothing happened. When we are adults, and especially once we have advanced past forty years of age, things become a lot different. It is common for adults to obtain chiropractic care in Miami FL for slip and fall injuries.
Some Common Questions About Chiropractic Care in Miami FL for Slip and Fall Injuries
- What are the types of injuries that can occur via a slip and fall incident?
- The most obvious injuries are cuts, scrapes, bruises and fractures, however many slip and fall incidents can cause issues that may start to be felt hours or even days after the incident itself. These can include headaches, dizziness, loss of sleep, blurred vision, concussion, or pain in the neck, back, pain, shoulder or hip.
- How does a chiropractor assess slip and fall injuries?
- Your chiropractor will assess your condition following your slip and fall injury via a personal consultation. This will involve a physical examination, and may include tests to assess your motion and your balance. Your chiropractor will also examine your muscles, ligaments and joints, and may take an X-ray or a number of them.
- What does chiropractic care in Miami FL for slip and fall injuries entail?
- There are plenty of treatments available that your chiropractor may use in order to provide treatment, depending on the severity of your injuries, and the areas that have been injured. These may include some of the following:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Intervertebral traction
- Soft tissue therapy
- Therapeutic exercises
- Trigger point release
In addition, your chiropractor may suggest some lifestyle choices – either temporary or permanent – that will help you cope while you are recovering.
- How long does chiropractic care in Miami FL take?
- That depends upon the extent of your injuries. When making an assessment, your chiropractor should estimate how long a course of treatment should take.
If you need chiropractic care in Miami FL for slip and fall injuries, please consider the services of Dr. Keren H. Gomez and her team. Don’t suffer in silence, contact Dr. Keren H. Gomez at any of the following numbers: Dade: 305-761-6528; Broward: 954-510-5518; Palm Beach: 561-414-2401. You can also contact Dr. Gomez online via the online contact form on her site.